These peppermint patties are made with one of my favorite snack foods, pure Coconut Butter . I love the Artisana brand and enjoy it by the spoonfuls, it is so creamy and soft and ohhhh so delicious! You can also easily make your own coconut butter by blending up coconut flakes but it is a little time consuming so I opt for the one I mentioned above. I am going to be doing a post showing you how to make your own homemade coconut butter.
I use coconut butter in lots of my recipes because it is so versatile and easy to use. I use it as frosting on my cupcakes and cookies and got the idea to make these chocolate cups when I was melting some coconut butter a few weeks ago. They were surprisingly easy and came out better than I had expected them to turn out. You can make a batch of these and keep them stored in the fridge in an airtight container for weeks. When you are ready to eat a few, just pop them on the counter and let them come to room temperature (about 10 minutes) and then you can sink your teeth into these little bites of heaven.
These make excellent Fat Bombs for those of you who use those but they also make a perfect yummy way to get a dose of healthy fats. Your taste buds and body will thank you for these!
Your family will love you for making them these treats and they won’t even know they are healthy ! I can promise you for certain, these are Worth Every Minty Chew !
- ¾ cup melted coconut butter
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder (depends on how chocolatey you like it)
- 2 pinches of LOVE
- Mix together melted coconut butter, shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and peppermint extract
- Pour coconut butter mixture into mini muffin tins by filling only half way
- Place in refrigerator and allow to harden for about 15 minutes
- Mix together 2 tablespoons coconut oil and cacao powder
- Remove muffin tin from refrigerator and top each tin with cacao mixture
- Return to refrigerator until the chocolate has set
- When ready to eat, simply set the peppermint patty cups on the counter for about 5 minutes
- Enjoy with someone you LOVE